Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Well, this may not be so good. I just got back from the library and Alice said that she still hasn't been able to get a hold of the guy who was supposed to tell us how I could get paid for working for them. Not only that, but it turns out that the person who allocated the money in the first place and said they could hire someone did not necessarily know what she was doing. So things are a little more up in the air right now. Alice said she might be able to let me know tomorrow, but maybe not until Monday, when the director gets back from somewhere. That's a bit frustrating. I don't mind taking a couple more days off, but I'd like to know as soon as I can whether or not I'll have a job there, so I can start looking for another temp job if I need to. I think that, if we don't get an answer tomorrow, I'll call my temp agencies and see if I can get something just for next week, so I can be doing something while it all gets figured out. I'm still hoping, though.